If you’re addicted to puzzle apps then the free Bejeweled Blitz will be your next obsession. The Bejeweled Blitz free app is available on iPhone, iOS, Android, and Facebook. This puzzle game gives you 60 action-packed seconds to accumulate as many points as possible by matching gems. Matching 3 or more gems in Bejeweled Blitz will create a cascade of fun with the colorful gems and high scores. You can play independently on your iPhone, iOS or Android phone, or connect with Facebook to play your friends in Bejeweled Blitz free.
Bejeweled Blitz Strategy Guide & Rules – How To Play Bejeweled Blitz
- Swipe to match three or more gems of the same color in a line, T, or L formation.
- Gems will detonate when you match gems, making room for more gems to fall from the top.
- When gems fall from the top of the board it is known as a cascade. Cascades can lead to more matches and cascades.
- When you match gems in particular formations you create Special Gems, which each help increase your score in their own special way. Go to Bejeweled Blitz Special Gems.
- You are given the option to choose 3 boosts for a number of points at the beginning of each game that will last for the next 3 games. There are five boosts available that are extremely helpful in bringing you closer to your goal of leading the weekly leader boards. Go to Bejeweled Blitz Boosts.
- You can also find and harvest Rare Gems with your coins, which each have their own unique effect. Go to Bejeweled Blitz Rare Gems.
- If a cascade results in the detonation of 12 of more gems, such as when a special gem is followed by a matching cascade, then a Bejeweled Blitz Multiplier Gem will fall from the top of the board.
- If you match Multiplier Gems, then the score of all the following matches will be multiplied by the Multiplier value (highest Multiplier value is 8).
- Once your 60 seconds are up you will receive the Bejeweled Blitz Last Hurrah. The Last Hurrah is when all the Special Gems and Multipliers left on the board are detonated.
- Receive Bejeweled Blitz Speed Bonuses by matching gems quickly. Speed bonuses add extra points to your total game score. The value of your Speed Bonus will be displayed in the top left corner (starting at 200 points).
- Unlock the Ignition Meter by reaching a Speed Bonus of 1,000 points.
- Once you fill the Ignition Meter you will unlock Blazing Speed. With Blazing Speed every matched gem acts as a Special Flame Gem for about five seconds.
- Bejeweled Blitz scoring is determined by a combination of points, coins, and Star Medals. Go to Bejeweled Blitz Scoring.
- Receive coins by matching the yellow gem with a coin on it. This gem can be matched with other normal yellow gems.
- Receive Star Medals by reaching at least 25,000 points (awarded in intervals of 25,000 up to 250,000 and then in intervals of 50,000 up to 500,000).
Bejeweled Blitz Tips
- The dimensions of the gem board are large and difficult to keep track of possible combinations. Split the board into 4 quadrants. Focus on the bottom 2 quadrants and try to make vertical moves before horizontal matches.
- Use the hint bar. It’s extremely helpful in identifying matches and it doesn’t hurt your score.
- Don’t wait for the game to start to make your first moves. As soon as the board is on your screen you can start moving the gems.
- You can buy coins in the Bejeweled Blitz Store. With more coins you can get more Boosts and Rare Gems.
- Use the Daily Spin each day for your chance to win 1,000,000 free coins!
Bejeweled Blitz Cheats
Check out this informational video on how to master Bejeweled Blitz and follow the cheats.
Cool Apps Man brings you the latest app walkthroughs, cheats, solutions, guides, reviews and news for iOS and Android applications.