Want to beat your high score in Tetris Blitz? Just follow these Tetris Blitz tips and cheats to make your way to the top of the leaderboard! Tetris Blitz is immediately addicting. For those who found the unending levels and monotony of Tetris to be discouraging or even boring, Tetris Blitz is definitely for you. This timed version of the classic arcade game combines the satisfaction of puzzle piece matching with a needed competitive element.
You have a 2-minute round (with a 3-5 second “Last Hurrah” bonus) to clear as many lines as possible. You can also use coins (which can be earned or bought) to gain an advantage. The music, a modern electronic take on the classic theme, helps you maintain momentum without creating stress. A round of Tetris Blitz is the longest and shortest 2 minutes of your life.
And unlike many other apps with buy-in features, Tetris Blitz offers you plenty of opportunity to earn coins. As a new user, you’ll get 40,000 coins to start, an opportunity to get 70,000 more if you connect with Facebook and a there’s even a Tetris board (called the Bonus Blitz) that you can spin every 6 hours to earn more prizes. App achievements like beating your high score can earn you coins too. If you’re feeling impatient, you can buy spins or power-ups.
Tetris Blitz Tips and Cheats
- Tetris Blitz automatically recommends places to place the Tetriminos that are falling. Don’t feel wary of this helpful feature—remember, you’re against a clock!
- Frenzy Mode is your Friend. This recently released feature is one of the easiest ways to stack up points. Once the yellow bar flanking your Tetris Blitz board fills up to the top, you enter Frenzy mode which automatically doubles your points.
- Connecting on Facebook doesn’t just earn you coins, it creates a leaderboard with your friends. If working against the clock isn’t enough for you, try being in competition with your friends!
- Tetris Blitz offers power ups that can be activated by clearing a row. There are more than half-a-dozen. When you start the game, you’re given access to four.
- Lasers: will destroy three random lines
- Time Shift: gives you a 5s bonus
- Magnet: moves all the Tetriminos to the left, closing gaps and opening a column on the right-hand side.
- Quake: sends a wave to shake your Tetriminos
You’re given one free use of each power up. Subsequent power ups must be purchased with coins or through the in-app purchase store. But each purchase gets you 3 of your selected power up. And every time you begin a new round, you’re given the option of spending coins on more power ups.
And every week, the game offers a new, exclusive power up which you have the opportunity to keep if you use regularly. You can also purchase the power-up. Each has their own pros and cons so you’re better using some trial and error and figuring out which ones you like using best.