Mini Metro Tips:
1. Think about how actual metro systems work:
- To start the game you will only have three lines to work with, but as you progress in the game you will achieve more and more lines.
- Think about the NYC subway system or other popular metro systems. This will help you to visualize where the lines should go.
- For example, if you start making a line that is heading to the bottom left section of the grid, try to keep it in the bottom left section.
2. Keep the lines in order and take advantage of upgrades:
- Try not to make a maze of multiple lines. When the lines are crisscrossing all over the map, it will be hard for you to keep track of their location and passengers.
- When you make the lines try to make them with a plan in mind. Try to keep them in different segments around the board.
- After you run the metro for a certain amount of time, you will be rewarded with budget increases. They will feature new lines, platforms, capacity, and much more.
3. Make a line with a purpose:
- When you make a line, make sure that you know where you are going with it. You do not want to end up with a line that cannot connect to the other lines or has no way to continue.
- For example, if you are working with the red line and it starts on the lower half of the board, try to keep it on the lower half of the board to keep it from tangling with other lines.
4. Keep track of your passengers:
- Once you start building out the metro system, make sure you are aware of the different stations. If the stations become overcrowded you will lose the game.
- As soon as you see one of the stations starting to build up with passengers, find a way to get them to their destination as quickly as possible. Prioritize which stations need the most help first.
5. Do not overcrowd one station:
- Try not to have too many lines intersecting at one single station. If there are too many lines, you will increase your chances of overcrowding.
- When there are too many people waiting at a single station, you will create backups on the trains as well.
- When overcrowding occurs, you will end up having to start from the beginning.
6. Keep an eye on the clock:
- The clock will tell you which day of the week it is. At the end of the week (Sunday) you will be rewarded with upgrades. Take into consideration what day of the week it is before making a move.
- If you know you are going to be getting an upgrade soon, make moves that will help you to prepare for that new line, tunnel, etc.
- Also, if you need a break from the game just click on the clock to pause the game
Pages: 1 2