There’s more to Boom Beach than big guns and bigger explosions. In order to become an absolute lord of war, you’ll need to need to have cunning command of your troops and a ruthless unrelenting desire to obliterate your foe. To get there, you’ll need to have a solid strategy that can prepare you for any battle at anytime. To help you become the next General MacArthur, we’ve compiled a complete and comprehensive guide of Boom Beach Offensive Strategies including tips on attacks and troops.
But when you’re not attacking in Boom Beach, you’re defending your own base from the grips of the enemy. Whether it’s a fearless rush from warriors or blocking an onslaught from zookas, it’ll be up to you to make sure your foe regrets even thinking about stepping foot on your base. With our complete guide on Boom Beach Defense Strategies, you’ll be taught how to properly defend and lay out your base.
Boom Beach Offensive Strategies
Boom Beach features six different types of troops that you can utilize for battle dominance. For each type, you’re going to get a varied amount of skills and attributes. There’s a lot to know if you want to obliterate your foes. But don’t worry, below you’ll find everything you need to know about Boom Beach Troops.
The Riflemen is your first available Boom Beach Troop. They aren’t the most effective bunch but they wear helmets and shoot your enemies with a rifle. They are unlocked at HQ level 1.
- Riflemen are best used in large numbers.
- They are best used to attack cannons and boom cannons since the cannons’ reload time is slow.
- Since they are weak, it is best to deploy them with Heavies as a shield.
- Riflemen make for great shields for your tanks.
- They can not take much damage from mortars, flamethrowers, machine guns and rocket launchers. Basically, they are weak against splash damage.
- Position your mortars behind enemy defense or buildings since Riflemen are weak against them.
The Heavy Troops absorb a ton of damage and still push forward. They will gladly draw attention and will take punch in order to dish a punch out. They are unlocked at HQ level 2.
- Since they can take a great deal of damage, deploy Heavy Troops at the start of a battle. Because of this, deploying troops behind the Heavy will greatly aid you. For instance, use the Heavy as a shield in front of Zookas.
- A Heavy is weak against a cannon.
- A Heavy is weak against a cannon, so it may be a good idea to set up snipers and cannons so they can attack Heavies.
- While mines have little effect on Heavies, boom mines are great for taking them out.
The Zooka troops are equiped with large rocket launchers which make them great for long range attacks. While a few of them can obliterate an entire base, they themselves can not take much damage. They are unlocked at HQ level 5.
- Zookas work great behind a shield of Heavies.
- When you use many Zookas, it’s best that you take out mortars and machine guns with your gunboat. This is because Zookas are weak against them.
- Always deploy your Zookas a few seconds after other troops you have deployed. They need to be protected as much as possible so they can attack from long range.
- Zooka’s range is greater than that of a Flamethrower. A Zooka can dispose of a flamethrower without being attacked by one.
- Mortars should be placed behind a group of buildings that have low hit points. This is because while your Zooka is blowing up buildings, your mortars can destroy out the Zookas.
- Lure Zookas to target other buildings. Then, place mines a bit in front of them. A Zooka should be wiped out by one or two of these.
Equiped with a large crystal hamer, these fast Warriors can bumrush an enemy without fear. When a Warrior attacks a foe with his hammer, he will heal himself. They are unlocked at HQ level 8.
- Use the Warrior’s speed to charge through defenses to reach key targets.
- Warriors are great in large numbers. Look to shock or destroy cannons and snipers with your gunboat. Then use the Warriors to bumrush you opponent’s HQ.
- A medkit should be used to support Warriors while they are busy attacking the HQ.
- Deploying Heavies infront of Warriors is also helpful as they will act as a great shield.
- Warriors are easily killed by sniper towers, cannons, and boom cannons.
- Use sniper towers and cannons to cover ground around your HQ. This way you can stand a chance against the Warriors.
The Tanks are absolute war machines complete with massive guns and resilient armor. However, its weight means you’ll need extra energy for it to land on a beach. They are unlocked at HQ level 11.
- In large numbers and groups, the Tanks are very strong.
- Use Heavies and Riflemen to support your Tanks against sniper towers and cannons.
- When using only Tanks as your attack, use flares to stay away from mines and boom mines.
- Deploy medics behind your Tanks since their healing powers will assist with the Tank’s high health.
- Defeat tanks using cannons, boom cannons, and boom mines.
Forget guns. The Medic is all about saving you and your army’s butt by throwing medkits at them. They are unlocked at level 15.
- Medics should be deployed behind other Troops. This way he can’t be easily attacked by defensive buildings.
- Medics are great when combined with Heavies and Tanks.
- Do not use Medics with Warriors or Zookas. The Warriors move too fast and Zookas have such low health they will probably already be dead.
- Deploy two Medics so they can heal each other.
- If you attack Heavies and Tanks with cannons and boom cannons, Medics can not heal them fast enough.
Grenadiers throw grenades at approaching forces. But be careful! Grenadiers are not the most accurate throwers and they can harm friendly troops. Grenadiers can be unlocked at level 16.
- You should be careful when using Grenadiers, as they can harm your troops. You probably shouldn’t use them with Warriors, as you could end up killing the Warriors with the grenades.
- Grenadiers make a good offense against Boom Cannons, Flamethrowers, Machine Guns and Sniper Towers — they don’t have to get very close to attack them.
- Grenadiers and Medics make a good team: Medics can fix any damage that the Grenadiers cause accidentally.
- Place Mines in front of Sniper Towers to allow the Snipers a chance to pick off the Grenadiers as they approach.
- If you use Boom Cannons and Rocket Launchers carefully, you’ll be able to pick off the Grenadiers. Only one shot can kill them.
- Because Grenadiers can cause residual damage where they did not aim, you should not group buildings together.
These Boom Beach attack strategies and cheats will help you advance in the game, defeat your opponents and collect diamonds. Created by Supercell, makers of Clash of the Clans, Boom Beach is a real-time strategy game that lets players free enslaved islanders, explore a world of islands and collect diamonds. These Boom Beach attack strategies and cheats will help you achieve all of those things.
Main attack goals…
- The central goal of Boom Beach is to win back the beach from the evil Blackguard.
- You do this by gathering diamonds and attacking enemies.
- Take your tanks to your enemies’ bases and gather resources to level up and go further in the game.
- This app will often try to sell you resources that you’d have to buy using real money.
- You won’t have to resort to this if you follow our Boom Beach attack strategies and cheats.
Takeout the boom cannons first…
- If your opponent has a boom cannon, make sure to take those out first.
- Barrage their boom cannons.
- You also want to take out your opponent’s regular canons because they can do double damage to your tanks.
- Also be weary of their flamethrowers, which can also cause a lot of damage.
- Those are the three most important Boom Beach attack strategies and cheats you’ll need to remember when attacking an opponent.
Look for the weak side of a base…
- When attacking a base, look for the weaker side i.e. the side with lower level cannons.
- Clear yourself a spot on the weaker side of your enemy’s base.
- In this clear spot, try and keep yourself out of range of anything that could possibly hit you.
- If there is a cannon,archer base or sniper tower, take them out.
- If you can get into their base in a secluded spot, there’s a great possibility that you won’t even have to take out some of your enemy’s cannons.
- This is key in terms of Boom Beach attack strategies that will help you advance in the game.
Refreshing the app can help…
- For Boom Beach you will be forced to play against other players on your radar level and metal rank.
- If an opponent appears to difficult, refresh the game and return in day.
- Boom Beach will pair you with an easier opponent.
- This is one of the more useful Boom Beach attack strategies when you’re just starting out in the game.
Takeout flamethrower and cannon in 2 shots…
- If a flamethrower, cannon, archer base or sniper tower is close to one another, you can try taking them out at the same time. Shoot in between them.
- If the cannon or flamethrower is at a low enough level, you can take them both out in two shots.
- This is one of the Boom Beach attack strategies that can save you a lot of time.
Split up your troops…
- Split your troops up before you send them to attack an opponents base.
- Ideally, they will attack two different sides of the base.
- If you need to shift your troops attention, use your flares.
What to do when your opponent’s base is spread out…
If your opponent’s base is spread out, use your shock bombs to disarm some cannons, archer bases and sniper towers while attacking the others on your enemy’s resource base.
In Boom Beach, you can receive Battle Points for attacking beaches. With these points you can create Battle Actions. Battle Actions serve as a tactical or strategical advantage. When you destroy a structure, you receive additional Battle Points. However, every time you use a Battle Action, its cost in Battle Points goes up in its next use.
Artillery shells are shot from your gunboat and do damage to defending structures.
Cost Each Next:+2
- Artillery Shells can do splash damage to your own troops. So be careful>
- Artillery Shells can trigger mines and boom mines.
- Use the splash damage by shooting in-between two or more defensive buildings.
With Flares, you can shift your troops over the island to avoid structures like sniper towers and mines. Troops stop whatever they are doing to follow a flare.
Cost Each Next:+1
- Flares will last longer after every upgrade.
- Mark buildings with Flares and your troops will begin attacking it.
- Flares placed beside mortars and rocker launchers can place your troops in these building’s blind spots.
Medkits heal your troops when they are attacking an island.
Cost Each Next:+3
- When you fire at a Medkit, it will turn yellow. All troops inside the ring will be healed.
- Medkits heal more with with every upgrade.
- Medkits can only work for seconds.
- Multiple Medkits heal troops faster.
Shock Bombs are used to stop defensive buildings from attacking your invading troops.
Cost Each Next:+3
- Shock Bombs can work against your own troops if they are in the effected area.
- The more you upgrade a Shock Bomb, the longer the effect will last.
The Barrage acts the same as Artillery shells but its splash radius is bigger since it is made up of 15 weaker artilleries.
Cost Each Next:+6
- The Barrage is often inaccurate and can do damage to your own troops.
- Much like artilleries, Barrages can be used to trigger mines and boom mines.
- The Barrage is great in taking out a large number of defending structures.
Smoke Screens are used to get your troops to a specific location without being attacked by defensive buildings.
Cost First: 2 Energy
Cost Each Next: +1 Energy
- Your troops can not attack while they are in a smoke screen.
- Upgrades create longer smoke screens.
- Smoke Screens are great for getting your troops to an opponent’s HQ.
Boom Beach Defense Strategies
Base Defense and Layout:
Creating an efficient and well-manned base is one, if not, the biggest key to having a successful military career in Boom Beach. The fate of your entire operation could depend on the layout of your base, upgrades, and overall strategy. But fear not, we’ll help your base become more secure than Fort Knox with these Boom Beach base building and defensive strategies.
- Your headquarters is the biggest priority. Your entire operation depends on how you protect that one particular building.
- Therefore, surround your HQ with as many defensive weapons as possible. This will act as a nice blockade against enemies.
- Place a flamethrower right beside your HQ, but never allow it to touch your HQ.
- On the opposite end of the spectrum, never put a rocket launcher beside your HQ.
- Placing mines around your HQ. This will prevent warriors from barging their way through.
Defensive Weapons and Buildings
These defensive weapons will act as a propellent to various enemies. Below, we have listed their strengths for each.
- Rocket Launcher: Zooka, Riflemen
- Shock Launcher: Warriors, Riflemen
- Boom Cannon: Tanks, Heavy
- Flamethrower: Riflemen, Warrior
- Cannon: Tanks, Heavy, Warrior
- Mortar: Riflemen, Zooka
- Machine Gun: Riflemen, Warrior
- Sniper Towers: Tanks, Heavy, Warrior
- All of your non-defensive buildings will also serve you greatly as they will contribute to the your overall operation (Lumber, gold, etc)
- Therefore, you’ll want to put as many defenses around around them as possible. This is important because during a fight, when an enemy destroys one, they receive energy to boost them in battle.
- With these buildings it is ok to have them touching each other. However, be weary about placing a group of four together.
Different base layouts are best for different experience levels of the game. Below, well explain some of the best layouts and when your should put them into place.
Dock: A dock base is perfect for when you HQ is at level 1-9. Here, you’ll want to place your HQ close to your docks. You won’t be able to have many defensive buildings, but you will be able to use the few defenses you have very well. While against the dock, you’ll be able to defend yourself well against the only two areas your enemy can battle you from (left and topside).
C Base: Once you reach the medium HQ levels, it will be a good idea to adjust your base to a C type. This is because of the increasingly heavy artillery your opponents will begin to assemble. Here, you’ll need to place your HQ in the center of your base. Place mines around it with your defensive weapons beside it. On the outside, have your economy buildings surround your HQ and weapons in a C shape with the front being open for battle.
Corner: The corner base is great for HQ levels 13-20. Here, you’ll need to place your HQ in the corner of your base and build your weapons and buildings out from it. Place the weapons in front of the HQ, with the economy buildings in front of them. This will serve as a great protection from Smokey Warriors, as it will limit flanking and make it harder for enemies to avoid mines.
Boom Beach features many different types of buildings that you will need to load your base up with. In order to dominate you foes, you’re going to have to know each and every ability of each buildings. But fear not, below you’ll find the four main building types and their specific buildings.
The headquarters is the most important building. It serves as your center of operations and to let it fall means you will have lost all hope. Therefore, it is to be protected at all costs. .
- If your enemy sacks your headquarters, it’s game over.
- Constantly upgrade your HQ as doing so will unlock new features including more buildings.Upgrading your HQ asap will help you maximize your upgrading abilities of other buildings.
- Every time one of your buildings get destroyed, your HQ receives damage
- Leaving your HQ unprotected does not aid you in any manner.
Defensive buildings are used to defend your base against enemies.
- Cannons: Cannons fire large caliber shots one target at a time. They make for the perfect foil against tanks and heavy. However, they are less effective against a massive amount of infantry.
- Boom Cannon: Boom Cannons fire highly powerful shots that can do double damage to tanks. While it’s great against the strongest of armor, it takes a while to reload.
- Mines: Mines explode when an enemy gets close.
- Boom Mines: Boom Mines obliterate enemies as their armor piercing blast inflicts double damage to tanks.
- Machine Gun: Machine Guns spray bullets towards enemies while doing damage to large infantries from close to medium range.
- Mortars: Mortars are effective from a medium range. Their shells explode and deal damage to all troops.
- Sniper Tower: Snipers shoot down enemy attackers. They have good range and do decent damage.
- Flamethrowers: Flamethrowers deal a massive amount of damage at a close range. They are great against a large infantry. Enemies will also burn after being lit up by a flamethrower
- Rocket Launcher: The Rocket Launcher fires a salvo of rockets from a long distance, however it suffers from a long reload time.
- Shock Launcher: Shock Launchers can stop rushing warriors and and stun troops.
Resource buildings produce and store your resources.
- Gold Storage: Increases your capacity for gold.
- Iron Mine: Produces Iron.
- Iron Storage: Increases your capacity for Iron.
- Quarry: Produces stone, which is a medium level material.
- Residence: Produce gold.
- Sawmill: Produces wood which is a construction material for simple structures.
- Stone Storage: Increases your capacity for stone.
- Vault: Stores gold and wood, as well as iron and stone when upgraded. You foes can not steal any resource inside a vault. Vaults also protect 48% of rescues outside of it.
- Wood Storage: Increases your capacity for storing wood.
- Armory: develop your fighting force here. Improve your troop’s attack, defense, and upgrade your gunboat’s weaponry.
- Gunboat: provides fire support and supplies to your troops. They will also relay movement orders with flares.
- Landing Craft: carries a squad of troops for attacks. Upgrade to carry more troops.
- Outpost: protects your resource base. If this building is destroyed, you will lose your resource base. Resource bases produce shipments that can collect at your home base.
- Radar: allows you to explore more of the archipelago.
- Sculptor: creates crystal powered statues that can help the war effort. Every new statue is different and its powers can not be predicted.
- Statues: each is a work or art and contain powers to aid you.
- Submarine: can discover underwater treasure. Look for dive locations on your map and send the submarine.